✅Viewer question: If I wish to no longer be in Chapter 13, what is the procedure to dismiss the case?

If you have an attorney, call your attorney and let them know that you know longer wish to be in Chapter 13 and want to dismiss the case. Under the bankruptcy code, you have the right to dismiss a case. The payments you already made to your creditors still stand, but when you dismiss the case, you’re back to square one and may find that you owe more than you did before depending on which creditors come after you. Sometimes, your creditors won’t bother you at all, but your credit will still be affected. The only problem you could run into is if you were in a Chapter 7 and converted to a Chapter 13. In this case, the court would probably convert you back to a Chapter 7.

To learn more about bankruptcy, visit: http://www.dellutrilawgroup.com/bankruptcy

We have taken this video from YouTube and posted it on our site and if you are the owner of this video or you have any problem with this video please contact us


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here